Top 10 Tips for Effective Networking
By Donna Messer
- Keep your business cards in your right pocket.
- Collect business cards and place in your left pocket.
- Wear your badge on the right side.
- Ask how best to communicate for future contact.
- Ask for the name of the person who answers the phone.
- Ask if the fax line is dedicated.
- Send all emails with relevant information in the subject line.
- Do your homework before reconnecting, use the FloWork system.
- Use the RISE Philosophy – Rapport, Information, Solutions, Ethically.
- Make each connection profitable for both sides.
Donna Messer is Canada 's Networking Guru. The founder of ConnectUs Communications Canada , she wrote the best-selling book Effective Networking Strategies , is a keynote speaker, and facilitates MiNet™ Speed Networking events. She travels across Canada and throughout the world, and you can book her by emailing DonnaMesser@biznetworknews.com
Back to Networking articles index page.